Objective is a friendly, fair, and forward-thinking tech agency specialising in software development,
data analytics and consultancy services.
A top tier Microsoft partner since 1992, with an array of cross-industry expertise, we can help you apply
wide knowledge that may not be apparent in vertical markets.
Our team bring together a unique and powerful combination of high-level customer service,
accredited development and analytics expertise, enhanced with business nous.
Business Development Manager, GT Exhibitions
The exhibitions industry is a fast moving business and we required a system that allowed us to work with our sales and event data in an efficient and professional way. The Objective team took the time to understand our business and worked with us in providing exactly what we wanted.
We help turn your vision into success
Three key reasons that clients choose Objective:
You Talk – We Listen… our friendly, approachable team of technical project managers and consultants listen to your requirements and take stock of your business challenges, your budget and deadlines.
You Decide – We Innovate… with in depth industry experience and knowledge of the latest technologies we suggest innovations to enhance your imagination.
You Approve – We Deliver… with references from many satisfied clients and a proven track record of delivering user friendly systems; we take pride in creating business value and return on investment.
Founded in 1987, Objective is delighted to achieve 30+ years in business, and is still going strong.
- 2021 – Moved to new office 26 High Street, CM2 7HQ
- 2019 – Lara Fox wins…IOD Young Director of the Year Award, East of England
- 2018 – Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics
- 2017 – Lara Fox appointed as Director
- 2017 – Microsoft Gold Partner for Application Development
- 2016 – North Essex Business Awards, Winner of Highly Commended
- 2016 – Partner with Institute for Analytics and Data Science at University of Essex – developing a leading edge data insights service
- 2015 – Microsoft Gold Partner for Application Integration
- 2012 – Moved into the current office on Church Street, CM2 7JA
- 2012 – Launched iOS & Android mobile development service
- 2012 – Gained Microsoft Silver awards for: Digital Marketing, Content Management, Data Platform and Mobility
- 2006 – Microsoft’s launch Gold Certified Partner for Custom Development Solutions
- 1999 – Became Microsoft’s first Gold Certified Partner in the UK for e-commerce and second world-wide
- 1997 – Awarded Microsoft Knowledge Management Partner and in 1998, a Microsoft Certified Solution Provider Partner – one of 75 in the UK
- 1992 – Accredited specialist in Microsoft technologies
Corporate Social Responsibility
Objective recognises its obligations to act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in its relations with staff, clients, the community and the environment as a whole.
Staff & Clients:
Staff are our greatest asset. As a Microsoft Partner we are committed to invest in staff training and personal development. Most members of our team have been with us for over 5 years (some much longer!). Our developers are continually working towards new Microsoft Certifications and our marketing team are qualified through the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Clients are treated fairly and with respect.
Transparent reporting on time and materials used is communicated throughout your project.
In 2016, Objective set up a Fund with the Essex Community Foundation to allow Objective and its staff to raise money for the local community in perpetuity.
The Honalee Fund was set up by Objective’s founder, Cathryn Fox, to celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2017. The fund allows Objective, a local Software Development and Data Analytics company, and its staff to give back to the community where they live and work. The Honalee Fund aims to support Chelmsford projects which help fellow citizens.
The name Honalee is a personal tribute to Cath’s father, Jerry Owen, a successful businessman, as well as a musician, writer and artist, who was a great advocate of Objective. The company is now run by Cath’s eldest daughter, Lara Fox. A family business, the personal name brings together the family values Objective wishes to promote.
Born and bred in Chelmsford, Lara is keen to use the fund to make a positive impact locally. An active member of the Essex business community, Lara is convinced that “giving back” is an important aspect of a good business ethos.
Every year, the directors and staff support local and country-wide charity events.
In the past few years we have submitted a team of runners in the Race4Business, a 5km run though Chelmsford town.
Additionally, we host Coffee Mornings in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, and have held ‘wear it pink’ and ‘wear a hat’ days to raise funds for other cancer charities.
Objective promotes environmental sustainability, and energy efficiency in our own operations, wherever possible we go paperless.
Our carbon footprint is reducing. Staff are actively encouraged to walk or cycle to work, with a third of our current workforce either walking or cycling to work often.
To find out more about our terms and conditions please visit our Legal Policies page.