Since March 2020 Objective has provided .NET consultancy and support to the UK company of Metsä Group. With intermittent requirements for additional software development resources and technical expertise Metsä Wood UK call upon our experienced team to troubleshoot and solve issues.
The ‘as required’ nature of the support agreement has created a trusted, resilient relationship.
About Metsä Wood
Metsä Wood UK provides premium-quality wood products for construction, industrial and distribution customers, such as B&Q.
Part of Metsä Group, based in Finland, Metsä Wood UK is strong across Europe, with ambitious global growth targets especially in Asia and North America. The organisation employs around 1,600 people and has a turnover in excess of EUR 0.4 billion.
Metsä Wood UK needed a reliable and responsive Microsoft .NET support partner to offer skills and expertise to augment the resources of the Metsä IT Specialist team, based in Essex.
Having searched for a trusted software partner for a number of years, Metsä chose Objective.
A support agreement enables Metsä to reach out on an ad hoc time and materials basis. Through this approach we have provided:
- Incident troubleshooting
- Microsoft .NET guidance
- Been a technical sounding board
- Added additional resource to accelerate projects
The Results & Benefits
- Peace of Mind – flexible agreement to deliver support when needed and step back when not, all work fully account managed.
- Economical – Metsä only pay for the time used. Larger support incidents are estimated before work commences.
- Development Partner on tap – bespoke software development and data analytics services are also available.
“I’m so pleased that we engaged Objective. Their extensive support work and flexible approach has made a significant difference to Metsä Wood UK. The team is responsive, experienced and thoughtfully shares pertinent .NET expertise and technical advice.