New Broadcasting App Distributes Video Briefings
“The development of SMARTbrief results in us staying ahead of the curve with continual plans for new innovations. As new consumer based video technologies are being created by Microsoft for the Azure platform, we will be working with Objective IT to rationalise the suitability for our business clients.”
Jono Hall, Junction 9 Network
SMARTbrief is a new modular approach to creating and distributing video briefings. This includes safety tours, operational and service updates broadcast to a mobile workforce, essentially to improve safety, performance and engagement.
SMARTbrief is delivered by Junction 9 Network, an internal communications specialist based in Saffron Walden, Essex. The company provides innovative communications such as graphics, photography, videos and video briefing production services, primarily to rail and transport businesses across the UK.
SMARTbrief comprises an administration analytics system with a front end portal, alongside a mobile broadcast app for usage on the move. The system was developed by Objective IT utilising Microsoft Azure Media Services.
This innovative product will provide an efficient software platform that can be licenced and utilised by numerous businesses. SMARTbrief allows the streaming of video content and sharing of documents to desktop computers, iOS and Android devices. The portal and app can be customised to offer a totally client branded experienced.
Primarily, the software was developed as an instant tutorial / learning platform, however it can be used within any sector where information needs to be distributed quickly and effectively across the workforce.
- Quick to broadcast, can record evening before a job has to take place – ability to distribute the following day.
- Reach a wide mobile workforce, no need to meet at central location for a safety briefing – they can go straight to site
- The system records watched and part watched video briefings per viewer, as well as highlighting latest updates and important videos that must be viewed.
- Delivers ‘certification’ for those who have ‘attended’ a briefing, which may be needed before access onsite.
- Easily distributes documents and latest updates – PDF sent out
- Send out SMS alerts immediately
- Search video libraries
Business Benefits in Development
- Automatic subtitles and conversion into multi language
“Working with Objective IT has given us peace of mind. Not only will leading edge video broadcast technology be utilised to deliver our solution, but as we are providing a licensed offering to clients, we require the reassurance of service support and ongoing module developments. A long term view is essential for this project, and having worked with Objective IT for over 15 years we know we’ll have the level of support we need”
Jono Hall, Junction 9 Network
Products and Technologies Used
- APIs – Azure Media Services,
- Data Storage – SQL or Cloud,
- Portal – .NET,
- Mobile App – Xamarin