Broadcasting App Distributes Video Briefings & Documents
SMARTbrief is a new modular approach to creating and distributing video briefings and communications to remote workers.
This includes safety tours and documentation as well as operational and service updates broadcast to a mobile workforce; essentially to improve safety, performance and engagement.
SMARTbrief is a joint venture between Objective IT and Junction 9 Network, an internal communications specialist.
The system is currently used by leading Train Operating Companies such as GB Rail Freight and MTR Crossrail. SMARTbrief can be used by any industry needing to communicate with a remote workforce.
This tool is transforming the way we deliver and verify our seasonal safety briefings to drivers located all over the UK. It’s not intended to totally replace face to face events, but it’s proving a very solid support to the activity.
Another interesting by product of SMARTbrief is that we are finding that it’s becoming a two-way platform for operational feedback from colleagues as well. With the new Q and A module in place, our people achieved a 99% pass rate in the latest Spring Summer safety briefing, so we are totally confident that this is the way to go in future.
SMARTbrief comprises an administration analytics system with a front-end portal, alongside a mobile broadcast app for usage on the move. The system was developed by our software development team at Objective IT utilising Microsoft Azure Media Services.
This innovative product will provide an efficient software platform that can be licenced and utilised by numerous businesses. SMARTbrief allows the streaming of video content and sharing of documents to desktop computers, iOS and Android devices. The portal and app can be customised to offer a totally client branded experienced.
Primarily, the software was developed as an instant tutorial / learning platform, however it can be used within any sector where information needs to be distributed quickly and effectively across the workforce.
SMARTbrief allows us to broadcast quick and easy to digest refresher learning content to our large team of drivers. SMARTbrief gives our workforce easy access to training and reminders, but behind that is a smart system that seems to be getting smarter every day.
Key Benefits of the SMARTbrief App
- Improves Safety and performance – quick and easy to broadcast
- Saves considerable time and money – reach a wide mobile workforce, no need to meet at central location for a safety briefing – they can go straight to site
- Verifies workforce knowledge – the system records watched, and part watched, video briefings per viewer, as well as highlighting latest updates and important videos that must be viewed. SMARTminds Q & A module verifies understanding
- Reduces operational risk – Delivers ‘certification’ for those who have ‘attended’ a briefing, which may be needed before access onsite
- Easily distributes documents and latest updates – PDF sent out
- Engages the workforce – send out SMS alerts immediately
- Search video libraries
- Protects Corporate memory
Products and Technologies Used
- APIs – Azure Media Services
- Data Storage – SQL or Cloud
- Portal – .NET
- Mobile App – Xamarin