Microsoft Power BI is a powerful business intelligence, interactive software tool.
It enables dashboards and visualisations to be created and shared with colleagues,
directors and other relevant parties.
When you need guidance to create dashboards, training to extend previously created visualisations,
or Power BI Consultancy and Support…
The Power BI dashboards have allowed previously unattainable information to become available to the business in real-time. The data, extracted from multiple sources, has provided management with an immediate insight into the performance of the business.
I look forward to continuing working with Objective in order to further develop our BI reporting suite.
Group Finance & Operations Director, Athona Recruitment
Our mission is: ‘Turning Vision into Success’
- Passionate… about building innovation
- Friendly… developing long term relationships with our clients
- Flexible… working together effectively
- Expert… to provide the best solution
- Transparent… keeping you in the loop with regular updates and communications
Business Intelligence With Power BI
Businesses and organisations are generating more data than ever from a multitude of sources.
The more use that can be made of it, the more effectively businesses can cater to their market by understanding customer needs and industry trends, streamline and improve production processes, enhance their marketing efforts, serve their customers better and much more.
To achieve this, powerful business intelligence software and know how is key and that’s where Power BI and the services of an experienced Power BI consultant comes in.
What is Power BI?
Power BI is a Business Intelligence (BI) tool that collates and analyses data from a wide range of sources such as Excel workbooks, SQL databases, web sites and cloud services and displays it in user friendly, interactive BI dashboards.
Microsoft Power BI comes in three main forms:
- An extension to Excel
- A cloud-based service
- A desktop-based application
The Power BI dashboard aggregates your data in one location saving time and effort. With a little help from experts such as our highly trained data scientists and Power BI specialists, you can customise these BI dashboards to create visualisations displaying the key performance indicators and analytics you need to answer crucial business questions.
An advantage of Microsoft Power BI is that its relatively easy to familiarise yourself with, as it’s based on the underpinnings of Microsoft Excel that many businesses know well. This, along with our help as a Power BI consultant providing expertise tailored to your particular circumstances, means you can quickly benefit from this very powerful form of business intelligence.
How to Apply Power BI
Objective’s Microsoft Power BI consulting services comprise of data insight consultants, data scientists and software development specialists working with you to connect and model your data to provide useful business intelligence dashboards based on your specific requirements.
Want to improve sales forecasting? Production scheduling? Customer interactions? As a Power BI consultant experienced in working across many different industries, we’ll ensure your Power BI dashboard displays informative graphs, charts, maps and a plethora of meaningful visualisations that drill down to help you draw valuable intelligence from your data.
Power BI Training Services
Our Microsoft Power BI consulting services include training you to use Power BI effectively.
You will learn how to modify your models allowing you to interrogate your data easily using the Power BI dashboard on the fly. Business intelligence Power BI effectively gives you the power to decide – and comprehensive training from our experienced Power BI specialists means you’ll be self-sufficient in using this powerful business tool in no time.
Working with you…
Your friendly, accessible team of data scientists and analysts are skilled at analysing complex data. They will help you utilise business intelligence platforms, build predictive models, and apply machine learning to explore and interrogate your data in real time.
Tell us what you want to achieve. By talking through your data concerns, frustrations, and challenges, as well as what your desired output looks like, enables us to work in synergy. Helping you unlock the value in your data to guide and support strategic business decisions.
We look forward to working with you.
The Benefits of Using Power BI
- Centralising your data – Power BI offers unparalleled insight into your business via easy- to-use BI dashboards. Even if you have disparate systems, you’ll still be able to aggregate this data into one location.
- Better decision making – Having all your data in one place on BI dashboards will help you to make better decisions such as, for example, having a real time view of current sales and your sales pipeline. Marketing and sales statistics can all be fed into Power BI, equipping you with the information you need to make strategic and intelligent decisions.
- Anywhere, any place access – You can take Power BI anywhere on your tablet or laptop. You’ll be able to export insights gleaned easily with a touch of a button.
- Low cost – Power BI is available on monthly subscription at various price points to suit your needs and budget compared to other solutions available in the marketplace.
- Meaningful future planning– Thanks to technologies such as machine learning capabilities, which is included in Power BI premium licences and allows you to connect it to your Microsoft Azure machine learning models, it can help base future planning on more solid intelligence as opposed to vague crystal ball gazing.
- Data handling capacity– The increasing amounts of data gathering means less comprehensive platforms cannot easily process it: Power BI provides high data processing capabilities to meet the challenges of increased data capture.
With Power BI, Microsoft has brought data warehouse technologies into desk-based applications, thus providing businesses an affordable and – through initial set up help and training from an experienced BI consultant – a ‘hands on’ way for you to grow your Business Intelligence
Your Unique Power BI Solution
Power BI comes in various ‘flavours’ and what you choose will of course depend on your requirements: as experienced Power BI specialists, we at Objective can help you make the most of this powerful business intelligence tech.
Small to mid-size businesses can benefit from Power BI business intelligence muscle with a package designed by our Power BI specialists to suit their needs. While larger scale concerns would use our Microsoft Power BI consulting services to design a version suitable for larger data volumes and more users.
Our Microsoft Power BI consulting services are geared to ensuring you use the variant of Power BI that precisely suits your requirements: working with you to understand your objectives and help provide the most suitable business intelligence Power BI solution based on your requirements and budget.
The following shows what power BI is especially valuable for:
- Better business decision making
- Enlightened business planning
- Improved data quality
- Better-quality business transparency
- Monitoring process performance
- Optimising processes
- Improving cross department working
- Improving customer interactions
- Improving customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Reducing risks and improving compliance
- Gaining competitive advantage
- Coping with growing data sets
While Power BI can perform a multitude of intelligence-related business tasks, how you use it depends on your particular needs. Maybe you wish to focus on one aspect of your business such as customer relationships? Or perhaps improve production processes?
An experienced Power BI consultant can help you achieve your objectives through effective use of this powerful platform.